The Teacher Leader program equips experienced classroom teachers to be leaders in literacy, numeracy, curriculum development, and to serve as program chairs/department leaders, curriculum coordinators, etc., in K-12 schools.
- Teacher Leader
- Reading Coach
- Academic Coach
- Grade-level Lead Teacher
- Department Head
- Teacher leadership role in the area of school improvement and curriculum development
Median Annual Salary
Source: Alabama State Department of Education
|Teacher in Alabama (Average Salary)
- Leading to a Class AA Teacher Leader Certificate
- All coursework can be conveniently completed online with the support of a variety of digital tools designed to support learning.
- Classes are small and allow students an opportunity to work with other school leaders from across Alabama.
- All courses are project-based to provide students with authentic activities connected to their schools.
- Students have opportunities to develop professional relationships with their JSU professors as they work together throughout their Instructional Leadership Program.
- The IL Program provides assignment opportunities for students to impact achievement within their school or district.
- Students have an opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship with their principal.