Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question?You'll find the answers to our most commonly asked questions below.
Continuing Education (CE) is defined as formal non-credit courses of independent study designed for adult, part-time students. Open enrollment classes are typically 0ongoing, available on-demand, and provide skills training, certificates, and industry certification. CE classes can are divided into two basic categories:
- Leisure Learning classes provide opportunities to explore new ideas, skills, and viewpoints. Courses in dance, photography and other personal interests allow you to keep a sharp mind, make new friends, and become part of a growing community of lifelong learners.
- Professional Development courses are an indispensable tool for new job training, advancing existing skills, and updating Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Continuing Education and Outreach (CEO) at JSU provides both online and in the classroom, all materials provided, and no high school diploma or admission application required.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have a valid email address to set up an account with us.
The email will be sent to the email address listed in your account. If you no longer have access to that email address, please contact us at 256.782.5918 or ConEd.Help@jsu.edu to restore your account.
Doctors, nurses, lawyers, CPAs, and other such professionals must earn a specified number of credits each year to keep their certification, or licenses to practice, current.
You will find CEUs and hours for each course listed in the catalog.
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page* then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned
Note: Account login required
Should a severe weather alert be issued during a class, instructors or other responsible parties will direct students to a predetermined safe location. Safe areas include stairwells, restrooms, or other ground-level areas without windows. Each classroom has an emergency evacuation map indicating the nearest secured location.
Your Privacy is important to us.
To protect it, we take every available measure to insure you against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data used by our system. For details, view the JSU Privacy Statement.
Mailings and Subscriptions
Our email marketing is permission-based. If you have received a mailing:
- You have shared your address expressly for receiving information ("opt-in").
- You have registered, purchased, or otherwise maintained an existing relationship with us.
- You have been referred by a third party.
We will always respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or otherwise convey your personal information to anyone without your express consent unless ordered by a court of law. Your contact information is used for the express purposes of communicating with you. We will never share, sell, or otherwise convey your personal information to anyone without your express consent unless ordered by a court of law. Your contact information is used for the express purposes of communicating with you regarding ongoing business and sending announcements and other pertinent information based on your request.