1. What is required to be treated in the Student Health Center?
Students are required to submit: (1) Student Health Form, (2) Immunization Form, and (3) Proof of Tuberculosis Screening.
2. Does the Student Health Center require health insurance?
The Student Health Center is a complimentary service offered to students, staff and faculty without regard to insurance coverage.
3. How much does it cost to see the physician?
Consultation with the physician is free of charge.
4. How do I make an appointment?
5. Why do I need to make an appointment?
Physician hours are limited. In order to serve the most patients in a timely manner within time restrictions, appointments are required.
6. What are the hours a physician is available by appointment?
Physician hours each semester are posted on the right side of the Student Health Center homepage.
7. If I am prescribed a medication at the Student Health Center, do I have to get the prescription filled at the Student Health Center?
The Student Health Center physicians are glad to write a prescription to be filled at your pharmacy of choice. Please let the prescribing physician know your wishes.
8. How do I pay for prescriptions I choose to have filled at the Student Health Center?
Charges incurred for dispensed medications are applied directly to your student account.
9. How do I pay for laboratory procedures?
Charges incurred for laboratory procedures completed in the Student Health Center are applied directly to the student account. Charges incurred for laboratory procedures completed by LabCorp (the Student Health Center's laboratory provider) are applied directly to the student account for students with no health insurance laboratory benefits. For students with health insurance inclusive of laboratory benefits, a copy of your insurance card is submitted directly to LabCorp. LabCorp completes billing and associated charges.
10. Is the Student Health Center open when a physician is not on campus?
The Student Health Center is open during regular University hours. Registered Nurses are available during the Student Health Center operating hours.
11. Am I given an excuse for my classes when I'm treated at the Student Health Center?
The Student Health Center does not provide class absence excuses. Documentation of your Student Health Center visit is provided by an attendance slip which is available upon request.