Our office works with people across campus to produce marketing and informational materials that communicate your message clearly, while enhancing the university's image and position in the marketplace. Our goal is to increase enrollment and brand the university. All projects that come through our office must meet this criteria.
Our services include concept development, planning, design, illustration, coordinating bidding, and production supervision.
The look and content of university communication pieces are increasingly important as JSU aspires to rank among the top universities in the nation. We help you develop your project accordingly, while providing advice, support, and project management.
Delivering your message together, we strategize to define your goals and identify the most effective way to reach them. Whether your need is small (invitations and posters) or large (recruitment brochures and catalogs), we strive to ensure that the design and content of the project, as well as its costs and completion date, are consistent with your long-term and short-term goals.
Work closely with vendors to implement university-wide marketing strategies.
Marketing Services manages the use of the name, nicknames, abbreviations, logos, seals, mascots, slogans, and other marks. Any marks used in reference to the university, or anything similar to those of the university, are subject to licensing requirements. Any products bearing the marks must be approved and must display the Collegiate Licensed Product label.
The JSU licensing program is designed to:
• Ensure that the Jacksonville State name and trademarks are used appropriately, consistently, in good taste and with high-quality reproduction, and to avoid misrepresentation of Jacksonville State University to the public.
• Allow JSU to share in the benefits derived from the commercial use of its identifying marks.
• Establish a cooperative relationship with licensees to assist in the further development of a market of officially licensed products of Jacksonville State.
• Promote a relationship by which both Jacksonville State and its licensees will benefit.
• The coordinator of publications is responsible for the JSU licensing program.
• Jacksonville State has partnered with Licensing Resource Group, (LRG) to assist in the management of the licensing program. LRG is responsible for the daily administrative activities generated by a licensing program, such as processing license applications, coordinating artwork approvals, collection of royalty payments and enforcement of trademark infractions.
Mary Smith, Coordinator of Publications
Morgan Christopher, Graphic Designer