Each faculty member eligible to be considered for promotion to this rank shall prepare a portfolio for review by his/her Department Head, Dean, the Provost/Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, and the President. The procedures and schedule outlined for promotion to Associate Professor are to be followed.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years at the rank of Instructor at Jacksonville State University.
- Must have a continuous and sustained record of teaching and service equivalent to that required for advancement from assistant to associate professor, for the most recent full five-year period.
- Must have a record of scholarship excellence for the most recent full five-year period equivalent to that expected of someone advancing to the rank of an associate professor.
- Portfolio review will proceed in the same manner as those applying to faculty advancing in other ranks, including a review of the most recent full five-year period.
- Must be recommended by the dean of the college for the rank and approved by the Provost/VPASA and the President; and
- This rank carries a salary adjustment equivalent to the increase provided faculty promoted from assistant professor to associate professor, currently $3,500.