Ready to Learn More?
Apply for Free
- Verification of full-time employment at a law enforcement agency, fire department, or other emergency service agency will be required before the payment deadline each semester. If not employed by one of these agencies, the employee’s job responsibilities must fall into the category of “first responder,” defined as a person (such as a police officer or an EMT) who is among those responsible for going immediately to the scene of an accident or emergency to provide assistance. Further clarification of job description and duties may be requested by JSU to determine eligibility.
- This scholarship is not retroactive.
- This scholarship is not available to students who are being or who will be awarded other forms of institutional aid or discounts.
- This scholarship is not available to students who are enrolled in doctoral programs or other programs with special package pricing.
- Effective Fall 2023, this scholarship is only available to newly enrolling or newly returning JSU students. Newly returning students are defined as former JSU students who are returning after having been inactive or after having not attended JSU for two major terms (fall/spring).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-782-5039