University Closed July 3-4
by Buffy Lockette
Jacksonville State will be closed for Independence Day on July 3-4. The City of Jacksonville invites the community to its annual Independence Day celebration, Jax Fest, on July 3, 6-9 p.m., at the Public Safety Complex.
The university will observe the following hours over the holiday weekend:
- Dining: WOW will be open July 3-4, 12-7 p.m. All other dining locations will be closed both days.
- Rec Center: UREC will be closed on July 4. It will otherwise be open normal hours over the holiday weekend, including July 3, as follows: Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 12-8 p.m.
- Library: Houston Cole Library will be open on July 1, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and July 2, 1-9 p.m. It will be closed on July 3-4.
- JSURide: The ride service will not be available July 3-4.
- Bookstore: The campus bookstore will be closed July 3-4.
- RMC/JSU Health Center: The health center will be open normal hours on July 3, which are 8-11 a.m. for walk-ins and 1-4 p.m. for appointments. It will be closed July 4.
- Counseling Center: While the center will be closed July 3-4, those experiencing a mental health emergency should contact the University Police Department at 256-782-5050 to be connected with an on-call counselor.
- Campus Police: The University Police Department is open 24/7, 365 days per year. Thank you for your service, campus police! Those who need assistance should call 256-782-5050.
Happy Independence Day, Gamecock Nation!