JSU Dining Reworks CockyBucks Program
JSU Dining is hard at work preparing for the fall semester - expanding dining options and enhancing programs to better benefit students. Regular dining plans will remain available to resident and non-resident students, with Flex Dollar options. The average plan cost has been increased by approximately $70 per semester for 2023-2024. Dining plan details can be viewed online at dining.jsu.edu.All freshmen and sophomore students who do not have a meal plan and are enrolled in six or more hours of on-campus or hybrid courses will continue to be automatically enrolled in a meal program formerly known as CockyBucks (now known as JaxCash). This includes those who reside on campus. JaxCash may only be used at on-campus dining locations managed by Sodexo. CockyBucks will continue to be available for purchase, but the program is not mandatory. CockyBucks may be used at all on-campus dining locations, the JSU Bookstore, campus vending machines and select off-campus dining locations including Mason’s BBQ and Strut’s of Jacksonville. Freshmen and Sophomores (those who have earned 0-63 credit hours) are encouraged to closely review the following details outlining both dining programs.
- Formerly known as CockyBucks, JaxCash is a mandatory dining program for all freshmen and sophomores who do not have another meal plan - including those who reside on campus - that are enrolled in six or more credit hours of on-campus or hybrid courses
- A charge of $302.50 will automatically be applied in the fall and spring semesters to the accounts of undergraduate students who are classified as freshmen or sophomores according to credit hours earned (0-63 hours)
- Funds will be loaded to JCards and may be used at all on-campus dining locations, on the Everyday dining app and for Kiwibot purchases.
- Funds will roll over within an academic year, expiring at the end of the summer semester.
- Freshmen and sophomores who have already registered for fall will see “JaxCash” (formerly CockyBucks) on their university account.
Students may also purchase CockyBucks. CockyBucks
- Launched in 2022, the program is now voluntary and available to all students.
- With a $50 minimum deposit, funds can be added to a student’s JCard to make purchases at all Sodexo dining locations, on the Everyday dining app, for Kiwibot delivery service, the JSU Bookstore, campus vending machines and select off-campus locations including Mason’s BBQ and Strut’s of Jacksonville.
- Funds will roll over each semester until a student graduates or leaves JSU.
- To purchase, students should log on to the MyJaxState portal (formerly known as MyJSU) and look under the Dining header.