Preventing the Spread of Flu and Other Illnesses on Campus
Flu season is upon us, with numerous confirmed cases throughout the county and state. To keep our campus healthy, it is imperative that every member of the JSU community take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often; soap and water are preferred. This is the best defense against the spread of all viruses. Handwashing instructions can be found here.
- Stay home when you are ill. A day or two of rest will ensure quicker recovery and decrease the spread of infectious illnesses on campus.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or the crook of your arm, and then promptly wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Get plenty of rest/sleep.
- Get the seasonal flu vaccine.
As you may be aware, reports of a new virus called Coronavirus 2019-nCoV have made the news in recent days. There are no confirmed cases of the virus in Alabama at this time, however, the same precautions that aid in the prevention of the flu are also effective in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus.
The RMC/JSU Health Care Center, located on JSU’s South complex, offers free doctor visits and flu shots to JSU faculty, staff and students. For appointments, call 256-782-5310. If you need transportation, the Gamecock Express is available.