Fall Enrollment Breaks University Records
The numbers are in, and JSU's Fall 2019 enrollment surpassed 9,000 students for the first time since 2012. The university is up 542 students, or 6.4 percent, compared to Fall 2018. Additionally, Credit Hour Production increased by 8,146 hours, or 8.6 percent, compared to last year.
Other noteworthy milestones include:
- Undergraduate enrollment is the highest it has been since Fall 2012
- First-time Freshman enrollment is the highest it has been in the past 35 years
- Fall Credit Hour production is over 100,000 hours for the first time since Fall 2012
- Graduate enrollment is over 1,200 students for the first time since Fall 2011
- Doctoral enrollment has increased 540 percent since JSU began offering doctoral courses in Fall 2013
- Police Academy enrollment increased 104.8 percent since Fall 2018
"It is so wonderful that everyone worked so hard to increase enrollment substantially and bought into my statement over four years ago that enrollment is everyone’s responsibility," said President John Beehler. "Enrollment success is a great collective accomplishment and I am so proud of what we have accomplished together."