International House Hosts Annual Awards Banquet
The JSU International House hosted its annual awards banquet on April 12, sponsored by the International Endowment Foundation. Residents were recognized for their outstanding contributions to the program, academic achievements, and for living the mission of the house: “Know one another and you will love one another.”
The program was opened by JSU President John Beehler and hosted by Rep. Koven L. Brown, chair of the International Endowment Foundation, and Chandni Khadka-Walsh, director of the JSU International House and Programs. JSU Trustee Clarence Daugette III was also in attendance.
- Josemanuel Mendez of Guatemala, The Sharon Lindsey Dempsey Award
- Margaret Borths of Decatur, Ala., The James H. Jones Award
- Chioma Ugochukwu of Nigeria, Alabama Federation of Women’s Club Award
- Mausam Parajuli of Nepal, Anniston Rotary Award
- Flor Gordillo of Mexico, District Rotary Scholar (Spain-Hickman Estess)
- Balqees Hijazeen of Jordan, Alpha Delta Kappa Award
- Sabin Banjara of Nepal, The John R Stewart Award
Tahir Ansari and Jasmin Ansari received the Clay and Betty Award for their exemplary and continuous love and support to the International House.
The JSU International House is a global learning and living community that strives to contribute towards the globalization of JSU’s campus and local community. Currently, 16 different countries are represented in the house including the United States.