Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society Invites Applicants
Applications are now being accepted for the Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society. Sigma Tau Delta is open to all undergraduates who have finished three semesters and have a 3.0 GPA. Graduate students who are not members of the honor society and hold a 3.3 GPA are also eligible. It’s not necessary to be an English major or minor to be a member.
Undergraduate Requirements for Membership:
• Must have completed at least three (fall/spring) semesters of college course work
• Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Must have completed at least two college courses in English language or literature beyond EH 101/103 and EH 102/104 (not including EH 141)
• Must have at least a 3.0 average in English courses
Graduate Requirements for Membership:
• For candidates who did not hold undergraduate membership in Sigma Tau Delta
• Must be enrolled in a graduate program in English or one of its specializations
• Must have completed at least six semester hours of graduate coursework
• Must have a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
Cost of Membership:
• A one-time membership fee of $75 is required to join
• This fee covers lifetime membership and Sigma Tau Delta honor cords to be worn at graduation ceremonies
All interested students should email the faculty sponsor, Katie Johnson, at email@example.com. In the email, please include:
1. student’s full name
2. JSU student number
3. JSU email address
4. and undergraduate or graduate student status.
Mrs. Johnson will check students’ eligibility and email them with further application instructions.
The JSU chapter of Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society was established in 1949 and remains one of the university's most prestigious and enduring honor societies.
The deadline to email Mrs. Johnson with application information is Friday, Feb. 28, 2018.