Power Outage at Daugette Hall as Renovation Nears Completion
Pardon our progress. There will be a power outage at Daugette Hall on July 28-29 for electrical work at the historic building currently under renovation. Areas affected include the offices of the Center of Excellence for Veteran's Affairs, CORE, Disabled Student Services & Counseling Services, and portions of the Computer Center and Student Housing.
In November, the JSU Board of Trustees approved a proposal to overhaul the aging campus mainstay to add much-needed student housing. The project was fast-tracked, with much of the work taking place this summer. Upgrades include:
- Adding the first elevator in the building
- Replacing sinks in student rooms with new vanities and mirrors
- Removing the stem radiator heating system and window air conditioning units and replacing with a new Mitsubishi HVAC system
- Installing thermostats in each residence, allowing students to adjust the temperature in their rooms
- Renovating six sets of restrooms to meet current ADA accessibility codes
- Renovating five exterior entrances to meet current ADA accessibility codes
- Converting the lower level into new the Center of Excellence for Veteran's Affairs, with a dedicated entrance and new office suite with ADA accessible restrooms
The updated residence hall will reopen to students this fall.