Sigma Tau Delta Invites New Members to Apply by Jan. 27
01/10/2017The JSU chapter of Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society was established in 1949 and remains one of the university's most prestigious and enduring honor societies. We are pleased to announce our 2017 membership drive to all eligible undergraduate and graduate students. Please note that, at the undergraduate level, you do not have to be an English major or minor to apply.
Undergraduate Requirements for Membership:
• Must have completed at least three (fall/spring) semesters of college course work
• Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Must have completed at least two college courses in English language or literature beyond EH 101/103 and EH 102/104 (not including EH 141)
• Must have at least a 3.0 average in English courses
Graduate Requirements for Membership:
• For candidates who did not hold undergraduate membership in Sigma Tau Delta
• Must be enrolled in a graduate program in English or one of its specializations
• Must have completed at least six semester hours of graduate coursework
• Must have a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
A one-time membership fee of $75 is required to join. This fee covers lifetime membership and Sigma Tau Delta honor cords to be worn at graduation ceremonies.
All interested students should email the faculty sponsor, Dr. Andrea Porter, at email@example.com. In the email, please include:
1. Student's full name
2. JSU student number
3. JSU email address
4. Undergraduate or graduate student status
Porter will check students' eligibility and email them with further application instructions. The deadline to e-mail application information is Friday, January 27, 2017.