Spring Term Opens to National Championship Buzz
Today is only the first day of the spring term but a small outbreak of Spring Fever has already spread across campus as thousands of JSU faculty, staff and students get ready to plow through the first two days of class and head to Texas for the FCS national championship on Saturday. Remember, classes are cancelled on Friday to give students the opportunity to travel to the game. Campus offices will remain open, but classes will not meet.
Here's some reminders about the big game:
- Team Leaves Today: Come out to Jacksonville Square today at 1 p.m. to cheer for the team as the tour bus motorcade makes its way to the airport. Fans will be lining the street from the intersection of Mountain Street and Pelham Road, up to the Square.
- Big Time Tailgating: JSU alum Randy Dye, owner of the national Tailgater Magazine, just happens to live in Frisco and is rolling out the red carpet. Fans are welcome to hang out from 8 a.m. and (for those without tickets) throughout the game for food, fun, and ESPN 2 viewing. Just look for the RV in the Blue Lot directly in front of the East Gate Ticket Entrance at Toyota Stadium.
- Show Time: Toyota Stadium opens at 9 a.m. on Saturday. A JSU pep rally will take place at 9:40 a.m. in Tailgate Town in the North Plaza inside the stadium at 11 a.m. Stadium policies can be accessed here.
- Can't Make it to Texas? Gather with fellow Gamecocks at one of the many watch parties taking place throughout the Southeast. On campus, fans are welcome to gather at the coliseum for a game viewing party. Doors open at 10 a.m. and admission is free and open to the public. Concession stands will be open throughout the entire game. Don't want to get out of your PJs?View the game live on ESPN 2.
- Be sure to follow JSU on Facebook and Twitter for news and updates.