Celebrate Man's Best Friend at 2nd Annual Dog Daze at the Canyon on August 29
Want to get back to nature with man's best friend? Check out the 2nd Annual Dog Daze: A Furry Fest for Dogs and Their Humans at JSU's Little River Canyon Center in Fort Payne on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This year's event will feature a special treat for humans: a live noon performance by the bluegrass and folk jam group Gypsy Begonias. This portion will be sponsored by the Dogs of the Georgia-Alabama Land Trust.
Participate in educational programs for humans such as "Listen, Look and Learn: Amazing Service Dogs" by canine expert Haley Conroy (11 a.m.) and enjoy plenty of opportunities to play with your pet. Here are some of the activities on tap:
- Tricks & Treats: Can your dog flip? Talk? Walk on its hind legs? Show us for a treat!
- Dog Tales and Barking Workshop: Children of all ages will be transformed into puppies
- Paw Art on Pavilion: Save your best bud's paw print forever
- Doggie Sniffing Hike on the Path to Learning: Clues help humans interpret dog "language"
- Friends of DeKalb County Animal Adoption Center
- Alabama Advocacy for Dogs/Pets Exhibit
- Cooling Pool for Canine Play
- Door Prize for Pets (Donated by Animal Medical Center, Anniston, Ala.)
For more information email the JSU Field Schools or call the Little River Canyon Center, 256-845-3548.