Summer Film Scholarships Include Travel, Real Industry Experience
If you would like to study and experience the entertainment industry in one of the world's top film producing cities, apply for this exciting new scholarship. Offered through the Northeast Alabama Entertainment Initiative, the scholarship will provide six JSU students with financial support for three credit hours and travel.
The study tour course will emphasize production and post-production, and students selected to participate will gain first-hand experience on both the JSU campus and in the Baton Rouge film community.
Led by Hollywood veteran and JSU Artist in Residence Jeffrey Nichols, the program will offer:
- Preparatory classwork on campus at JSU.
- Guided access to the Celtic Media Centre, where 150,000 square feet of state-of-the-art studio space has allowed for the creation of international hits such as Battleship, the TwilightSeries and others.
- Security access to a high profile and closed film set.
- Team production of a short film, with assistance from professional actors and film executives.
- Tutorial presentations and interaction with film professionals such as screen writers, directors, grips, gaffers, camera operators and editors.
If you are interested, please email the JSU Scholarship Office at email@example.com and an application will be sent to you. The deadline for submission is 20 June 2012.