New Required Introductory Course for First-Year, Transfer Students
Beginning this fall, all JSU first-year students and transfer students with fewer than 24 earned hours will be required to take STU 101: First-Year Experience. This introductory course to JSU is a non credit hour course that will meet once per week during the fall semester.
Students will achieve course objectives related to their overall adjustment to being a successful student at JSU. Topics to be discussed include how to:
- declare a major and develop a relationship with an academic advisor;
- understand components of MyJSU;
- know and understand JSU policies;
- participate in the summer reading program;
- learn and become active in JSU activities for students;
- understand and develop appropriate behavior for a college student;
- become familiar with student services;
- and acquire knowledge and skills necessary to prosper as a JSU student.
Incoming students will register for this course at orientation.