Master of Social Work - Guidelines for Preparing the Social Problem Analysis
Guidelines for Preparing the Social Problem Analysis (~700-900 words)
This analysis must be included in your application for admission. The analysis should be a carefully prepared document that is typed and double-spaced, with 1-inch margins and 10-12 font. Please place your name at the top right hand margin on each page and number pages at the bottom center.
The analysis should describe a social problem specific to rural/non-urban areas.
Identify a social problem, describe the problem, and discuss varying perspectives on the issues and groups impacted. Use the tips below for completing your analysis.
- Identify the social problem.
- What makes this a problem?
- What contributing factors exist to the cause or worsen the problem?
- What prevention efforts are there or should there be to reduce or eliminate the problem.
- What challenges exist to proposed solution(s)?
- Why in your opinion should society be concerned about this issue?
- What role do you envision yourself playing as a social worker in addressing this issue?
- What role is the social work profession currently playing in addressing this issue?