DUO Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Now Required for All GEM Users
In order to maintain the security of Office365 (GEM) accounts from cybersecurity threats, on June 7, 2022, all active GEM accounts were converted to require Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) using DUO. When using JSU E-mail, Teams, OneDrive and other GEM applications outside of the JSU network, a prompt for authorization from DUO will occur after entering your GEM username and password. This creates a secondary security check to ensure authorized account access.
A device, such as a cellphone, must be registered with DUO to access your GEM account when you are not directly connected to the JSU network. More information on DUO and instructions for how to register your device with DUO can be found on MyJSU under DUO Resources.
If you have set up your DUO account in the past, please ensure your device information is still correct.
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Support Center at 782-8324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help accessing your GEM account?
Step 1: Login to GEM
- GEM URL: gem.jsu.edu
- Username: email@example.com
- Initial Password: your 6 digit birth date (mmddyy) and last 4 digits of your JSU ID*
Example: If your birthday is 02/17/1992 and student number is 142547876, your temporary password would be 0217927876
To find your JSU ID: In MyJSU, click "View Student Profile" within the Student Links Section
Step 2: Create a new password
- Enter initial password from Step 1 (Office 365 will refer to this as "old" password)
- Create new password and confirm
- Submit the password change
- NOTE: Office 365 requires strong password - make sure to remember your new password
Step 3: Setup mobile devices (optional)Follow the instructions linked below for your device
- iPhones & iPads - Follow steps in section entitled "Work or school email accounts that use Office 365"
- Android Devices - Follow steps in section entitled "Set up work or school email accounts that use Office 365"
- Windows Phone - Follow steps in section entitled "Set up an Office 365 for business or other Exchange-based email account"