Canyon Fest Exhibiting Artist Information
Dear Artists & Craftsmen
We invite you to exhibit at the 14th Annual Canyon Fest, to be held on the Canyon Center grounds in Fort Payne, Alabama on Saturday, November 4, 2023 from 10:00 am- 3:00 pm
Emphasis of the Show
To have a well-balanced show of quality crafts and fine arts from across the region, exhibited and sold at artists’ booths, combined with the traditional fall festivities including tastes from local eateries & mountain music. Any profits or donations from the festival go toward Environmental Education and other community events such as this magnificent celebration of Art and Nature.
Painting, drawing, sculpture, pottery, photography, needlecraft, jewelry, weaving, leather, metal crafts, wood, glass mixed media and other approved crafts will be accepted. All work must be original by the exhibiting artist. Hobby kits will not be accepted.
Artists will be considered for entry by:
- Submitting 3 photos of the art to be exhibited, one of booth set-up, and one photo of the artist in their studio making their craft (First time participants only)
- Completing fully the artist entry form below by the deadline October 6th NLT October 13th. Paying the booth fee at the time of application (The booth fee is refunded if you are not accepted to the festival).
- Applications postmarked after October 6th must pay a higher fee (see booth fees below)
- Single Booth – (Approximately 12 X 12) – Applications postmarked by October 6th :$30
- Single Booth – (Approximately 12 X 12) – Applications postmarked after October 6th :$60
- Double Booth - (Approximately 12 X 24) – Applications postmarked by October 6th :$40
- Double Booth - (Approximately 12 X 24) – Applications postmarked after October 6th :$80
Applications will not be accepted after October 13, 2023
Commission & Taxes
No commission is charged on the sale of artwork. Taxes must be handled by the individual.
Set-up & Break-down
Set-up and check in for artists starts Friday, November 3th from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. and Saturday, November 4th from 7:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. All artists are encouraged to set up Friday, November 3rd between 1:00 p.m. and 6 p.m. The Canyon Center is not responsible for any stolen or lost items even though all precautions will be taken to ensure the security of all items on the property. All participants must remain set-up the entire festival. Participants who break down early or fail to leave their area as it was found will not be invited back to Canyon Fest.
Each participant will receive a souvenir Canyon Fest Poster and (1) lunch
We look forward to partnering with you for a successful festival supporting Environmental Education.
For more information call the Canyon Center at 256-845-3548 or email email@example.com.