Weekly COVID Update-Homecoming Edition: October 6, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
This week, as we welcome the entire JSU family back to campus for Homecoming, we encourage you to be mindful of the precautions you can take to keep your friends and loved ones safe.
Here are a few Homecoming safety tips:
- Wear masks and face coverings when gathering indoors, especially with large groups of people.
- Wash hands before and after preparing, serving and eating food.
- Avoid self-serve options and identify one masked person to serve shareable items.
- If you don't feel well, stay home.
- If you've developed symptoms, get tested immediately.
- If you are exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay away from others for the recommended 10-day quarantine.
- If you test positive, please continue to isolate away from others for 10 days from the onset of symptoms or from the date of the positive test, if no symptoms.
During the Homecoming Cookout on Thursday, President Killingsworth will host a prize drawing to decide which lucky members of the faculty, staff, and student body will win a $1000 vaccine incentive that we promoted at the start of the semester. Join us at Dillon Field, 4-7 p.m., or tune in to the university’s Instagram page at 5 p.m. to see who wins.
On Game Day, the Alabama Department of Public Health will return to campus to provide a second dose of the Pfizer vaccine to those who attended the Kick COVID clinic at our first home football game a few weeks ago. Those who receive their first dose at this event will receive a $75 gift card to the campus bookstore. Additionally, the third Pfizer vaccine, or booster, will be provided to those deemed eligible by the CDC. Please note, only those receiving their first dose from the ADPH are eligible for the gift card incentive.
Yesterday, the College of Health Professions and Wellness kicked off the Knock Out the Flu vaccine program on campus. Open to all students, staff, faculty, and the community, flu and COVID-19 vaccines will be offered every Tuesday in October (5th, 12th, 19th, 26th) from 1-4 p.m. in Leone Cole Auditorium. Registration for both the flu and COVID-19 vaccines is available online.
Thank you for all you've done to keep our campus safe. I hope you have a happy and safe Homecoming.
Director of Public Safety & COVID-19 Task Force Leader