Calhoun County FAQs and Text Alerts
March 26, 2020
Sign up for Calhoun County Text Alerts
People in Calhoun County can now sign up to receive text alerts for local updates on the COVID-19 situation. By simply texting the word: CALCOVID, to the number: 888-777, users can subscribe to receive current situation updates concerning the coronavirus pandemic in Calhoun County.
Calhoun County Frequently Asked Questions
Will Tornado Saferooms be open during a Tornado Watch or Warning?
- The decision to seek shelter in a community storm shelter is certainly made more difficult by the consideration for COVID-19, and each individual will need to make an educated decision on where and when to shelter from a tornado.
- At this time, the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) is recommending that your first priority should be to protect yourself from a potential tornado. If a warning is issued for your area, the tornado poses a greater threat to your safety than the virus.
Is there a drive-thru test clinic in Calhoun County?
- Yes it is located at the Medical Arts Building (230 E10th St Anniston, AL)
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Must have a referral from a healthcare provider before
- For questions regarding this process, please contact RMC Monday- Friday, 8am-4:30pm at 256-235-5600.
What Assistance Is Available for My Business because of COVID-19?
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) is available https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
- JSU’s Small Business Development Center is available to assist businesses apply for the EIDL Loans. You can contact them at 256-782-5271 or email email@example.com
What does the AL State Health Officer Order Suspending Certain Public Gatherings Mean?
- All gatherings of 25 persons or more, or gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited. This Order shall apply to all gatherings, events or activities that bring 25 or more persons in a single room or single space at the same time.
- Prohibits visitors to hospitals and nursing homes/ long term care facilities
- All elective dental and medical procedures shall be delayed
- All restaurants or similar establishments shall not permit on-premises consumption of food or drink
- All public beaches closed.
How do I receive updates about COVID-19 in Calhoun County?
- Website: http://www.calhounema.org
- Facebook: Calhoun County EMA https://www.facebook.com/CalhounCountyEMA/
- Twitter: BeReadyCalhoun https://twitter.com/BeReadyCalhoun
- YouTube: Calhoun County EMA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt-AXMZbDLS8IJ6ZtA2H8Rw
- Text Calcovid to 888-777 receive text updates
- For additional questions about COVID-19 call 211