Mask Requirement - January 10, 2022
Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff,
I hope you enjoyed a wonderful winter break and are well-rested and ready for the spring semester to begin.
After reviewing our current COVID-19 infection rates due to the Omicron variant of the virus, the university will be reinstating a mask requirement for all campus buildings effective Wednesday, January 12, to Friday, January 28. As with previous semesters, we will reevaluate continually and make adjustments as conditions change.
Until further notice, masks are required inside all university buildings, including:
- In classrooms and classroom buildings, regardless of distancing
- In personal meeting spaces, such as meetings between students and their faculty and advisors
- On campus sanctioned transportation
- Other indoor common spaces
- When alone in offices and private workspaces
- While eating or drinking inside campus dining facilities
- When participating in physical exercise activities
This policy applies to all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and campus visitors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be available at building entrances. Building managers, department heads, and other personnel may request masks and other PPE by submitting a request to Capital Planning and Facilities.
Additionally, if you are interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine or booster, a clinic will be held on campus this Wednesday, January 12, 1-4 p.m., at the Recreation and Fitness Center. The Moderna vaccine will be available for individuals to receive first, second, third, and booster doses. Register for an appointment online.
I appreciate your cooperation as we strive to protect the health and safety of our campus and local communities and work to ensure the continuity of university operations.
Dr. Don C. Killingsworth, Jr.