Reserve a Vehicle

State-owned vehicles may be used only for official state business. Authorized drivers must comply with the State of Alabama and the JSU Division of Finance and Administration policies and procedures regarding use of state vehicles. Drivers are required to observe all ordinances and laws pertaining to the operation of motor vehicles. Before you drive a JSU motor pool vehicle, please familiarize yourself with the regulations. Additionally, please read the guidelines regarding reserving a state vehicle before completing the Vehicle Request Form.

An authorized driver must be:

  • an approved driver
  • a state employee
  • a contract employee, if authorization to drive a state vehicle is stipulated in the contract
  • a JSU student as long as the student is employed by JSU
  1. Drivers must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
  2. Drivers must be at least 18 years old.
  3. Drivers must complete the Motor Pool New Driver Form. This form should be submitted annually. 
  4. Drivers must complete the Driver Safety Training, which is administered through the JSU Department of Human Resources  This training should be completed annually.
  5. Foreign nationals who have a foreign driver's license are not permitted to drive state vehicles.
  6. Insurance regulations mandate that only employees of the university, or other persons having a direct or specific professional purpose for riding, maybe passengers in a state vehicle

Vehicle Reservation Form

Fill out my online form.