Getting Started at JSU
Below is a streamlined series of steps you will need to complete - from admission to tuition payment:
- Fill out and submit an application for undergraduate or graduate admissions.
- Once you are accepted to JSU, you must obtain authorization from an advisor to register for classes.
- Review the academic calendar for registration schedules, semester schedules and other information. (Distance education courses follow the same calendar as regular, on-campus classes).
- Review the schedule of available JSU classes and consider your financial aid options.
- Register for classes.
- Online Registration - You may register through the MyJSU portal system. Go to the Registration Information page for the most recent information regarding online registration.
- Other - Contact or visit the appropriate on-campus office (i.e. the department or college of your major, the department or college through which a course is offered, the Admissions office, etc.)
- Consider textbook requirements using the Campus Bookstore information as a reference.
- If you have special needs related to a disability, contact Disability Support Services.
- Acquire a Student ID Card.
- Consider how you prefer to receive mail using the Mail Center as a reference.
- Review the Student Handbook.
- Payment of tuition is handled through the University Bursar's office. A payment plan may also be arranged.
- When it is time to graduate, please review the Graduation information on the Registrar web site.
Other Information and Services:
Note: The policies and procedures for admission to JSU, registration for classes, and payment of tuition for distance education students are the same as that for traditional students and classes.
The information listed on this page is subject to change.