Fully online faculty training is now available on Blackboard Learn Release 9.1. This training covers all aspects, features, and tools of the Blackboard Learn course management system, as well as instructional design principles, online course best practices, and much more. The seven available courses are listed below:
Getting Started with Blackboard Learn
Designing Engaging Content
Building Online Communities
Monitoring Student Performance
Most faculty have been automatically enrolled in these training courses, which should be listed in the "Courses in which you are enrolled" section of the My Courses module inside Blackboard. If you are a new faculty member or do not see these courses listed in your My Courses module, please contact our fffice by telephone, email, or through our Blackboard IM help desk for training access.
Several recommended training tracks have been defined to assist faculty in determining where to begin.
Looking for additional training? Contact our office to learn more about the following supplemental products and tools available at JSU:
- Blackboard Collaborate suite (Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard Voice tools, and Blackboard IM)
- Campus Pack course tools (Blogs, Journals, Wikis, and Podcasts)
- Campus Pack personal learning spaces (ePortfolios for faculty, staff, and students)
- NBC Learn
- Blackboard Connect Professor Notification Tool (course-related notifications to students using text messaging, voice mail, and email)
- StudyMate Class (learning activities, self-assessments, and games integrated into Blackboard for student learning and collaboration)