Master of Science in Sport Management (Concentrations in teacher certification and non-teacher certification)
Jacksonville State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Master of Science in Sport Management degree. The goal of the Master of Science (MS) in Sport Management at Jacksonville State University is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to meet the demands of the job market in the sport industry. Sport Management graduates will find employment opportunities with the following sport organizations:
- Professional, Olympic, and amateur sport organizations
- Collegiate and interscholastic athletic departments
- Sport marketing and management firms, athlete representation firms, financial and legal sport consulting firms, sport facility and event management firms
- Sport media and communication organizations
- Golf courses, country clubs, and fitness centers
For students with an interest in interscholastic athletic administration, JSU offers a Class "A" teacher certification option in Sport Management. Admission to this option requires a current and renewable Class "B" Teacher certification in any area of education from an accredited institution. Completion of this option leads to eligibility for the Alabama Class "A" teacher certification in Sport Management.
The MS in Sport Management can be completed entirely online. It is a two-year program, but it may be possible to complete the program requirements in less time depending on the frequency of course offerings.
Hours to Complete: 31-34 graduate semester hours required.
Primary Contact for Online Program Information:
Dr. Glaucio Scremin
Phone: (256) 782-5517