Below is a list of online degrees and certificates currently offered by Jacksonville State University. Using Internet access, these degrees and programs can be earned entirely at a distance* and are designed for motivated individuals who need flexible scheduling of course activities. More online degrees and certificates are being developed, so please check back again to see new opportunities. JSU offers hundreds of fully online courses each term in nearly every degree program and department.
*Note: The Doctor of Science in Emergency Management requires one week per year on campus, but otherwise is an online program. Please see the degree description for more details.
Read the article Debunking Common Myths about Online Classes at JSU.
Please click on a degree or certificate below to be directed to information presented by the specific department or college through which the degree or certificate is offered and/or coordinated.
References: About admission, registration, and other steps. About changes to this page.
- Master of Science in Computer Systems and Software Design with a Concentration in Information Security and Assurance
- Master of Science in Computer Systems and Software Design with a General Concentration
- Educational Specialist in Community Agency Counseling
- Educational Specialist in Instructional Leadership
- Educational Specialist in Library Media (P-12)
- Educational Specialist in School Counseling
- Educational Specialist in Teacher Leader
- Master of Science in Education in Collaborative K-6, Special Education
- Master of Science in Education in Collaborative 6-12, Special Education
- Master of Science in Education in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Science in Education in Instructional Leadership
- Master of Science in Education in Library Media
- Master of Science in Education in Physical Education with a Concentration in Human Performance
- Master of Science in Education in Physical Education with a Concentration in Nutrition
- Master of Science in Education in Physical Education with a Concentration in Pedagogy
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management with a minor in Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management with a minor in Public Safety Telecommunications
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management
- Master of Science in Emergency Management
- Doctor of Science in Emergency Management
Family and Consumer Sciences:
Health, Physical Education, and Recreation:
- Master of Science in Sport Management (Concentrations in teacher certification and non-teacher certification)
- RN-BSN STEP Program
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing with a major in Community Health Nursing
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Administrative Management
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Criminal Justice
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Education
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Emergency Management
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Geographical Information Systems
Technology and Engineering:
The policies and procedures for admission to JSU for distance education students and registration for distance education courses are the same as that for traditional students and courses.
- Complete an application for undergraduate or graduate admissions.
- Once you are accepted to JSU, you must obtain authorization from a JSU faculty member to register for classes.
- Review the academic calendar for registration schedules, semester schedules and other information. (Distance education courses follow the same calendar as regular on-campus classes).
- Review the schedule of available JSU classes and consider your financial aid options.
- Register for classes.
- Online Registration - You may register through the MyJSU portal system. Go to the Registration Information page for the most recent information regarding online registration.
- Other - Contact or visit the appropriate on-campus office (i.e. the department or college of your major, the department or college through which a course is offered, the Admissions office, etc.)
- Payment of tuition, fees, etc. is handled through the University Bursar's office. A payment plan is also available.
- Other important information and steps are located on the Getting Started page.
The information listed on this page is subject to change. All requests for changes to degrees or programs already listed should go through the contact person listed on the specific degree detail page linked from this page. Requests for removal or addition of degrees or programs should originate from the dean or department head representing the area through which the degree or program is offered. Such requests should be sent to email@example.com and should include similar information as that listed on the existing degree and program detail pages.
JSU is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
See our newest listing:
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies