Guests are those who who do not meet the criteria described on the Account Activation page. Guest access allows a person without a Blackboard account to view:
- A list of currently active Blackboard courses.
- A limited preview of course materials for some courses.
Instructions for accessing Blackboard as a guest:
- Review the System Requirements before proceeding.
- Go to https://jsu.blackboard.com.
- On the right side of that page, click the "Preview as a Guest" link.
- Click the "Courses" tab.
- Click "Browse Course Catalog" on the right side of the page.
- Use the search box and options to enter criteria such as course ID, course name and instructor, then click "Go".
- A course available for limited preview will be an active link.
- Click on the course name to enter into the course where you may be able to view limited areas of the course.
- Use the "Contains" criteria unless you know exactly how the "Course ID", "Title" or "Instructor" is listed.
- If your search results include more than one course, scroll to the course you are interested in. (Courses are listed alphanumerically by "Course ID" by default, but you can use the arrows above each column to sort them differently.)
- Course ID's corresponding to courses on the JSU registration system are assigned in the following format: Year Term Location College Dept Course Number Section Call Number (or CRN). For example, 2010SPJSUASEH20100422438 would be EH 201, Section 004, Call Number/CRN 22438, in the Spring 2010 term. For a more complete explanation of the Course ID, go to the Course ID Legend.
- Once you are in the course, the navigation menu on the left inside the course will help you navigate through the various parts of the course. (There are certain restrictions for guests, so you will not be able to access some areas.)
- When you are ready to exit the course and search for a different course, click the "Courses" tab and choose the "Browse Course Catalog" link again.