NBC News offers unique collections of video resources, primary source documents, historic footage, images and mini-documentaries designed for use in education. Users can add these modules to their My Blackboard page using the Add Module option.
Students and instructors can use " Browse NBC Learn" and the " NBC Learn Playlist" within the Tools Panel on the left side of the My Blackboard page.
- Browse NBC Learn - This link takes you directly to the NBC News Archives on Demand page and enables you to navigate, search for and save NBC Content into your playlist.
- NBC Learn Playlist - This link displays your personal NBC News Archives on Demand playlist, your own personal collection of resources saved within Blackboard.
The NBC Learn Blackboard extension allows instructors to search for and embed NBC content into existing Blackboard course shells for course delivery, as well as add subject-matter-specific video modules to course module pages.
- Home Page Modules - Add subject-specific news modules to the course Home Page using the Add Module button.
- Video Content in Content Areas - Add links to specific videos using the Add NBC Content option under the More menu in any content area.
The following are a few helpful tips for searching and using content that is available from NBC Learn.
- Flip the Cue Card. If you have been watching videos and other resources in the Cue Card media player, remember that there is a full set of bibliographic information on the back of the card! To see it, just click "Flip" in the upper right corner of the card.
- Save a Resource to a Playlist. Once you've found a resource you like, you can save it to your own personal playlist. Click the "Save" button on the bottom of the card and add the card to an existing playlist, or click "New" to create a new playlist.
- Write Notes on a Card. Once a resource has been saved to a playlist, the word "Save" on the front of the card will change to "Saved." Now you can open the "Notes" drawer and write your own notes right on the card! Your notes are personal to you - only you will be able to see them.
- Printer-Friendly Cards. You can print all the information on the Cue Card. Just click the "Print" button on the bottom of the card for a printer-friendly version. If you have written notes on your card, they will print here as well!
To sign up for a live demonstration of NBC Learn, please visit NBC Learn Webex Demo. (Select Higher Ed on Blackboard in the Version dropdown selection menu.)
Instructors that wish to use NBC Learn content external to the Blackboard environment may do so by downloading videos and embedding them into PowerPoint presentations. Click here for a written instructions or here to view a video tutorial.