Are you interested in becoming a tutor? Fill out an application!
Being a tutor can change your perspective on academics, while assisting JSU students to make better grades.
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Do you have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0?
- Do you have a 'B' or better in the subject you wish to tutor?
If you answered yes to all of these, then we invite you to apply to become a tutor in ACE.
Being a tutor often times bring rewards that are not expected:
- Reinforce your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Develop and improve your communication skills.
- Learn how to become a more organized student.
- Increase your confidence by facing and defeating challenges.
- Gain experience in a leadership role.
- Gain employment history for your resume.
- Work on campus, close to classes.
- Earn extra money or class credit.
- Make friendships.
How do I become a tutor?
• Submit a completed Tutor Employment Application form to Tutoring Services
• Schedule an interview with the Tutoring Services Coordinator.
If you are accepted, you will be required to participate in Tutor Training prior to beginning work, and you will be required to attend monthly Tutoring Services meetings.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Have a 'B' or better in the subject you wish to tutor.
- Obtain a recommendation from a JSU faculty member in the designated subject area.
- Submit a completed application for employment to the Tutoring Services office
- Participate in Tutor Training
For further assistance, please call 256-782-8223.