Jacksonville State University will remain closed on Thursday, January 30, 2014 due to ongoing hazardous weather conditions. All classes have been cancelled.
Stephenson Hall on the JSU campus has been designated a temporary shelter and warming center for any displaced students and employees due to the storm. University Housing and Residence Life have personnel at the warming center to assist displaced individuals in finding a room.
The following on-campus dining options will be as follows:
- Breakfast 7:00-11:00 Gamecock Diner Touch-Screen
- Lunch 11:00-2:00. Buffet in the Diner
- Afternoon service 2:00-4:30. Gamecock Diner Touch Screen
- Dinner 4:30-8:00 Buffet in the Diner
- Food Court will also be open 11:00 am till 9:00 pm as additional food option.
Because cell phone towers have experienced problems during this weather event, messages distributed via text, cell phone and email from the JSU E-Alert system may not be delivered in a timely manner. Please stay tuned to alternate methods— the JSU website and social media presence, and local media outlets-- for the latest updates on JSU operations, including closings, class cancellations and delays.