JSU Social Work Program to Host 32nd Annual Conference March 1
JSU Social Work program will host the 32nd Annual Social Work Conference on Friday, March 1, on the 11th floor of the Houston Cole Library. March is social work month and the theme is Weaving Threads of Resilience and Advocacy: The Power of Social Work.
Over twelve presentations are scheduled with speakers and topics including:
- Dr. Jane Kushma-Disaster and Community Resilience: The Role of Social Work;
- Ms. Dollie Hambrick-Making Health Care Reform Work for Alabama;
- Dr. Glen Browder-Making Sense of Alabama Politics;
- Ms. Mindi Wilkins-Amerson-Cultural Drug Trends in 2013;
- Mr. James Tucker-The “New” Civil Rights: Disability Rights for Alabama’s Children and Adults; and
- Ms. Jameka Hartley-Helping Students REACH Their Potential: Foster Care in Higher Education.
View the Conference Agenda
The cost is $35.00 for general public, $5.00 and a canned food donation for students.