9 December 2005
Sign Up Now for Blackboard 7 Update Workshop
~Blackboard Upgrades to Version 7 for Spring 2006~
The Blackboard Online Course Management System will soon be upgraded to version 7, which includes substantial changes to the
system. This change will go into effect after Monday, December 19, 2005. To assist faculty in preparing for these changes, a
Blackboard 7 Update Presentation has been scheduled for Friday, December 16, 2005 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 101
Merrill Hall. Many instructor-requested tools have been added into the system, including the following areas:
These changes will significantly impact course construction, test management, and student support for instructors utilizing
the Blackboard system. Instructors will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the changes in the new version of Bb,
as well as tips on best managing these changes.
- Adaptive Release: allows instructor to control on an individual-student basis what portions of a site are available,
for example based on prior quiz performance
- Blackboard Quick Tutorials: animated tutorials integrated into the Bb system for instructors on important content creation
and student management techniques
- Advanced Assessment questions: a completely revamped online quiz implementation featuring several new types of questions,
such as "calculated formula," "file upload," "hotspot," "Likert scale," and more.
- Blackboard Backpack: allows downloading of content from Bb to PC, enabling offline access to Bb content, announcements,
calendar, and tasks.
- Additional enhancements, such as Multilingual Support, Performance Dashboard, and Review Status
To sign up for this event, please send an email to Sherri Restauri (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting enrollment in this workshop.
for news releases by using the request form at www.jsu.edu/newswire/request.