Click Selection

Search News Releases:

News Resources
on the Web

5 March 2008

Riley Appoints 2 to JSU Board

By Dan Whisenhunt
Star Staff Writer

Reprinted here in its entirety.

Gov. Bob Riley has nominated two men to fill vacancies on the Jacksonville State University Board of Trustees, according to university officials.

In a letter dated Feb. 19 received by JSU Vice President for Institutional Advancement Joe Serviss, Riley named Thomas Dedrick Sr., of Tuscaloosa and Randy Jones of Madison to the board.

Serviss said the nominations still must be confirmed by the state senate, however.

Dedrick is nominated to replace Gladys Carlisle, who died last year, Serviss said. Jones would replace U.S. Rep. Bud Cramer, D-Huntsville, who had resigned from the board.

Serviss said the board is composed of 10 members, including representatives from Alabama's congressional districts.

Dedrick works as a wealth-management adviser with Merrill Lynch. He is a 1981 graduate of Morris Brown College in Atlanta.

"I think it's a great opportunity to serve the community and serve the university," Dedrick said. " I feel I can bring some skill sets that might be useful to the university."

Jones is president of Randy Jones Insurance Agency and graduated from Jacksonville State University.

"As a JSU graduate, I'm honored and hope that I can lend something to the institution to help it grow," he said.

About Dan Whisenhunt

Dan Whisenhunt covers K-12 schools and higher education for The Star.

See story at The Anniston Star's website: .

Note: JSU faculty, staff and students may access The Anniston Star online through their affiliation with the University. Those not affiliated with JSU may have to subscribe to receive The Anniston Star online. If you already subscribe to The Anniston Star, you receive a complimentary online membership. This provides complete access to all the content and services of the site at no additional charge. Otherwise there is a $5 online monthly charge for their online service. Contact The Anniston Star for information.

Submit items for news releases by using the request form at