26 February 2007
Blackboard Assessment Training Workshop
The Office of Distance Education is offering the first Assessment Blackboard
Training Workshop of the semester for faculty, staff, and administrators. This workshop is intended for individuals who have already
completed the Basic Content & Navigation and Advanced Content workshops or the equivalent.
Topics of this workshop include:
There is no fee for this workshop, and it is open to faculty, staff, and administrators who may be interested in using
the Blackboard platform, who need a refresher with any of the topics described above, or who would like to learn about
the many valuable features available in Blackboard.
- Test Manager (create, modify, deploy, and remove exams)
- Survey Manager (create, add, preview, modify, and remove surveys; surveys can be used for polling, evaluations,
and random checks of knowledge)
- Pool Manager (stores questions for repeated use)
- Course Statistics (generate reports on the course usage and activity; view specific studentís usage to determine if
students are actively using the course)
- Gradebook and Gradebook Views (posts all student grades associated with tests and assignments; gradebook also accommodates
scores grades for work completed outside of the Blackboard Learning System; results of surveys may also be viewed through
- Performance Dashboard (provides a window into all types of user activity in a course)
The workshop will be held on Thursday, March 1, 2007, from 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST in the Instructional Technology
Design Lab, Room 174 Self Hall. To register for this workshop, please send an email to
Misty Cobb (email@example.com) with "Enroll in Assessment Workshop" in the subject line.
Please be sure to include your first and last name in the body of the email.
Please submit your request by no later
than Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at noon. You will receive a confirmation email that you have been enrolled into the
workshop with additional information prior to the day of the training.
If you have any questions or need further information on workshops provided, please refer to the
Blackboard Workshops for Instructors
for Instructors webpage or you may contact Misty Cobb at (256) 782-8172.
Thank you for your interest in Distance Education!
for news releases by using the request form at www.jsu.edu/newswire/request.