3 November 2005
Native American Watercolor Workshop Nov. 12
Unleash imagination through the exploration of materials
used in creating a watercolor painting, as our artist, Billy Mack Steele, speaks about the Cherokee Trail of
Tears and the impact it had on several cultures. You may have seen Billy Mack Steele’s work in the Trail of
Tears Museum at New Echota, the Ocmulgee Museum or the Music Hall of Fame in Macon, Georgia.
Supplies NOT included…please bring the following items:
This class is limited to a small group, so interested participants are encouraged to call early to make
reservations. Pre-registration is required.
- 1 sheet of watercolor paper (140 lb; 22”X33”)
- 2 watercolor brushes
- 4-6 small watercolor paint tubes
- Support board/object for watercolor paper
For more information or to preregister, call Renee Morrison at 256-782-5697 or e-mail her at
- Date of Event: 11/12/05
- Time of Event: 1:30 p.m.
- Location of Event: DeSoto State Park Nature Center
- Admission Charge: $20.00 - adult / $15 - student
for news releases by using the request form at www.jsu.edu/newswire/request.