| Mike VanDeWalker of Springfield, Oreg., writes, About a half
a mile from Main Street on South River Road, just past Harrison
Avenue, this bridge is the only remaining covered railroad bridge
in Oregon. It was built in 1925 to bring logs to the J.H. Chambers
Mill in Cottage Grove. The bridge is 78 feet long. It sits on private
property and should not be climbed on. The bridge is in a very poor
condition and could be dangerous. It is a Howe type bridge. The
tracks to and from the bridge have been removed.