JACKSONVILLE -- September 9, 2002 -- Jacksonville State University will mark the one-year anniversary of the terrorist attack on America with a special ceremony in front of Bibb Graves at 8:45 a.m., Wednesday, September 11.
In addition, the White House Commission on Remembrance offers some suggestions for those who wish to remember in a personal manner:
Gather with loved ones for dinner.
- Say a prayer for the families who lost loved ones.
- Say a prayer for our nation.
- Take a moment of private reflection.
- Call a family member to say "I love you."
- Hug your children.
- Tell your co-workers you appreciate them.
- Heal a rift in your family.
- Drive with your headlights on.
- Display your American flag.
- Send a donation to your favorite charity in honor of those who died, the families who grieve and the ordinary Americans who responded with extraordinary courage.