JACKSONVILLE -- September 26, 2001 --
Jacksonville State University's Little River Canyon Field School will
host the following events; all require pre-registration except the Janney Furnace Heritage Day event on October 20. To register, call
256-782-5697, or see our web site at www.jsu.edu/depart/epic.
- Ultimate Hike Six, Little River
Canyon, October 13, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., $20/person.
- Janney Furnace Heritage Day, October 20, 10:00 a.m. - noon, Janney Furnace Historical Site, Ohatchee, no fee or pre-registration required. The 5th Annual Janney Furnace 5K Run and Heritage Day will begin at Ohatchee School. The 5K registration is from 6:30 am to 7:45 am, with the 5K Run Starting at 8:00 am. All participants will receive Janney T-shirts and breakfast. Door prizes and awards will be presented at 9:30 am. The next round of fun begins at 10:00 a.m. at the Janney Furnace Historical Site with demonstrations by the JSU Traveling Furnace, Furnace Tours, and programs presented by the 48th Alabama Re-enactors.
Come learn why our ancestors never took iron for granted!
- Fall Color Hike, Little River Canyon, October 20, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., $10/person.
- Archaeology Dig, November 3, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Moved to Janney Furnace from DeSoto State Park, $15/person.
- Dugger Mountain Wilderness Summit Hike, Talladega National Forest, November 10, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., $10/person.
For more information, please contact:
246 Martin Hall, JSU
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, AL 36265