17 April 2008
Visual Arts Society Spring Gala 2008
The Visual Arts Society, Jacksonville State University will be
hosting its Sixteenth Spring Gala Auction and Gourmet Buffet Dinner,
benefiting the Jacksonville State University Department
of Art on Saturday, April 26, 2008, at Leone Cole Auditorium on the JSU Campus. The Silent Auction will be held from 6:30 -
8:00 p.m., and the Live Auction will begin at 8:00 p.m. following dinner.
Items for auction this year include fine art and unusual fine items donated by local and regional artists, JSU faculty members,
as well as many art patrons and sponsors. The community will have the opportunity to purchase:
We are also pleased to offer.....
- Photograph by local photographer David Cummings (one of his best!!!!!)
- Watercolor paintings by artists including Betty Mills Groover, Lee Manners, Jack Hadder, Tora Johnson, George Cox
- Wheel thrown, hand carved floral bowl with lustre fired by Lynette Hesser
- Large, hand thrown, flared bowl with blush rose and ash glaze by Steve Loucks
- Personal stationary system designed by Phil Kesler, Graphic Design Professor at JSU
- Hand thrown wine goblets and carafe by JSU’s Marvin Shaw
- Antique table with an original mosaic design top by Charles Groover
- Handcrafted jewelry designed by Kip Henricks
- Hand-woven purse designed by Laverne Lombardi
These are only a few of the many fine items available for purchase and many more are coming in daily.
- Wine baskets chocked full of wine and goodies from Janet Tyson of Tyson Art & Frame and Bill & Sandra Stone
- Luxurious weekend at a lovely condo in Perdido Key donated by Jim Noland
- Gourmet dinner for eight in the home of Jacksonville’s own Shirley Mogil with wines selected by Jack Kettles
- Traditional afternoon tea at JSU’s Antebellum Alumni House poured by members of the Department of Art, Diana Cadwallader,
Kip Henricks, Jane Greene and Gale Brodie
- Caribbean Chrome Steel Drum Band to play at your next pool party
- Nubian-Egyptian necklace from Aswan, Egypt donated by Sarah Ballard
- Gift certificates generously donated by David Mogil, owner of Damn Yankees Steak/Fish & Oyster Bar;
Prestige Medical Spa; and Studio Elite
Tickets are 25.00 per person for VAS members, and 30.00 per person for non-members. Tickets can be purchased by making a
reservation (256) 782-5626, or you may purchase tickets at the door - seating is limited. Proceeds from the Visual Arts
Society Gala-Auction benefit the Department of Art in the form of student scholarships and equipment.
for news releases by using the request form at www.jsu.edu/newswire/request.