3 January 2006
Sign Up Now for Blackboard 7 Update Workshop
~Blackboard Upgrades to Version 7 for Spring 2006~
The Blackboard Online Course Management System has been upgraded to version 7, which includes substantial changes to the system. This change went into effect after
Monday, December 19, 2005. To assist faculty in preparing for these changes, a Blackboard 7 Update Presentation has been
scheduled for Monday, January 9, 2006 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 101, Merrill Hall. Many instructor-requested tools
have been added into the system, including the following areas:
These changes will significantly impact course construction, test management, and student support for instructors utilizing
the Blackboard system. Instructors will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the changes in the new version of Bb,
as well as tips on best managing these changes.
- Adaptive Release: allows instructor to control on an individual-student basis what portions of a site are available, for example, based on prior
- Blackboard Quick Tutorials: animated tutorials integrated into the Bb system for instructors on important content creation
and student management techniques.
- Advanced Assessment Questions: a completely revamped online quiz implementation featuring several new types of questions,
such as "calculated formula," "file upload," "hotspot," "Likert scale," and more.
- Blackboard Backpack: allows downloading of content from Bb to PC, enabling offline access to Bb content, announcements,
calendar, and tasks.
- Additional enhancements, such as Multilingual Support, Performance Dashboard, and Review Status.
Submit items for news releases by using the request form at