JACKSONVILLE -- May 29, 2001 --
Jacksonville State University's Little River Canyon Field School will
host the following events; all require pre-registration by calling
256-782-5697, or see our web site at www.jsu.edu/depart/epic:
Nature Camps at JSU for various age groups, 8am-5pm daily, $115 per
Fish of Little River Up Close, snorkeling adventure, June 2, 8am-4pm,
- Introduction to Technical Rock Climbing, June 9, Sand Rock,
AL, 8am-TBA, $50/person.
- Super-Natural Photography Workshop featuring
Ken Elkins, William Bowen and Anita Stewart, DeSoto State Park Nature
Center, June 16, 9am-5pm, $50/person.
- Archaeology Tour of Little River
Canyon, June 23, 9am-5pm, $15/person.
- Cathedral Caverns visit,
transportation furnished from JSU, July 21, 8am-5pm, $25/person.
- Archaeology Dig, DeSoto State Park, August 4, 9am-3pm, $15/person.
Nature Camp I, for students entering 3rd and 4th grades, June 18-22
- Nature Camp II, for students entering 5th and 6th grades, June 25-29
- Nature Camp III, for students entering 1st and 2nd grades, July 9-13
All require pre-registration by calling 256-782-5697; limited