New Online Job Application Process
On October 1, 2008, Jacksonville State University will launch a new online application system for all faculty and staff positions! This system completely replaces the previous paper-based employment system. The new system is accessible to both job seekers and hiring managers from any computer with Internet access.
• Apply for job openings online.
• Create a unique user name and password for personalized access. You may update or edit your profile at any time.
• View all positions posted or select from those in a particular job type or title.
• Applicant may apply for any job for which he/she meets minimum qualifications.
• Applications and resumes will be stored on the secure server for use by the applicant in applying for future jobs.
• Applicants will be asked to provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, employment history, education and references.
• The applicant may be asked qualifying questions or required to attach electronic documents like a resume or other supporting materials.
• Applicant will be able to view status of all jobs to which they have made application, add additional documents or withdraw application for consideration.
• No more paper will be required.
• Preliminary screening, search committees, hiring recommendations, approvals, and applicant notification will be automated.
• To Request to Post a position, select a title from the job description templates to preload the information into your request.
• Hiring supervisors can request additional information or ask questions of applicants electronically.
• HR will be conducting system training. Watch for dates to be announced.
for news releases by using the request form at www.jsu.edu/newswire/request