The Residual ACT is open to any student that has applied and been accepted to JSU. There is no difference between the exam materials that are administered for National and Residual ACT testing dates.
Taking the Residual ACT will provide you with an ACT score that can only be used by JSU for specific program purposes and scholarship applications.
Test questions measure your knowledge in several subject areas - English, mathematics, reading, and science.
Testing will be offered on selected dates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for test date information. The cost of the test is $75.00, paid at time of registration. (Cash payments will not be accepted). Examinees should bring No. 2 lead pencils, photo ID (valid driver's license or JSU issued ID card), and a calculator approved by ACT.
You can prepare for the ACT by visiting http://www.actstudent.org/index.html
- ACT allows for accommodations while taking the Residual ACT without contacting ACT. You must contact JSU's Disability Resources and provide proper documentation of the disability at least 2 weeks before testing. Documentation must be approved by JSU's Disability Resources, (256) 782-8381.
- JSU Testing Services will mail scores as soon as they become available.
- Residual testing is not accepted for NCAA initial eligibility.
- If you have taken the Residual ACT and want to take it again, you must wait 60 days. If the 60-day time limit is violated, the retest scores will be canceled automatically. No refund will be given for such cancellations.
- You may reschedule your test date once. If you do not take the Residual ACT on the rescheduled date, you will forfeit your registration fee. Registration fees are only good for the testing year in which they were purchased. You must email email@example.com to reschedule. You will not automatically be added to the next roster.
Important Test Day Information
- You must bring photo identification, No. 2 pencils, and a calculator.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices (including smart watches) are allowed while testing. No hooded shirts/pockets. If one of these are discovered during testing, you will be dismissed.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Once testing has started you will not be admitted.
Protective mask, valid driver's license or JSU issued ID card, ACT approved calculator, and #2 sharpened pencils
JSU Main Campus
Testing Services: Room B22, Ground floor of the Houston Cole Library
Jacksonville, AL 36265
Call (256) 782-8378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
National ACT Test Dates
FEB. 12th & 13th
APRIL 2nd & 3rd
JUNE 11th & 12th
JULY 16th & 17th
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT
College of Business and Industry Complex
115 College Street
Jacksonville, AL 36265
Parking in Front of Building
Additional Parking Behind Building
Ready to Register?