EdReady Math and English Placement
JSU wants to save you time and money by offering the no cost, individualized JSU EdReady Math and English Placement!
Who Takes JSU EdReady Placement?
All first-year students and transfer students who have not completed their first required math and/or English course are required to take EdReady.
When Should I Complete JSU EdReady Math & English Placement?
You may access your EdReady placement exams as soon as you receive your acceptance letter to JSU. The deadline to complete both EdReady exams is two weeks before your scheduled orientation date.
How to Take JSU EdReady Math and English Placement
- Take at home before your Gamecock Orientation session.
- Disable pop-up blockers (Chrome and Firefox are recommended browsers).
- Log-in to your MyJSU Account (Received in JSU acceptance letter).
- Click on “Placement Exams.”
- If the pop-up appears, click “Get Started” (You do not enter a key).
- Choose the exam you would like to take first (JSU Math Placement or JSU English Placement).
- Click “Add to Goals.”
- Next Click “Go to Goal.”
- Click “Start Assessment.”
- Take this assessment and submit your results. You will immediately be given a score and a study path.
- If you do not make the required minimum placement score, you should work on your study path to achieve the required score.
- Repeat steps 3-11 to complete the second EdReady (math or English).
- Students are highly encouraged to work both math and English study paths to a score of 100.
- If you do not see both exams in your EdReady Tray, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "show all goals".