Software, Facilities, & Technical Support
Canvas Learning Management System
- Canvas Access
- Canvas Tutorials - Visit the Canvas Basics Self-Paced Training course inside Canvas. This course is linked from your Dashboard and/or be reached from the Online@JSU Canvas/Ed Tech link in the Help menu inside Canvas.
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Quick Start Guide for Students
- Canvas Support - Use the Help link inside Canvas or choose an option from the Online@JSU Help page.
- Online remote proctoring solution integrated into Canvas.
- Honorlock Tutorial for Faculty
- Honorlock Tutorial for Students
- Honorlock Support - Students should always contact Honorlock Support for assistance before contacting the instructor or Online@JSU
- Plagiarism detection tool integrated into Canvas.
- See "Technical Support & Help Section" for minimum technical requirements and technical assistance.
- A campus-wide license is available, which allows faculty to install this software on office and/or personal computers. Installation instructions and credentials are provided on the informational page. Login to Canvas required.
- Contains thousands of test banks for the leading textbooks in higher education.
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Offers multimedia lessons and course materials to help with instruction, homework, and studies.
Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys - (Formerly EvaluationKIT)
- Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys is an end-of-semester survey tool implemented by JSU to conduct all course and instructor evaluations.
- Faculty and administrators can access the EvaluationKIT dashboard by logging into Canvas
- Contact Dr. Christopher Inman, Senior Instructional Designer, for questions at email@example.com.
- Digital Measures-Activity Insight (DM) is a secure web-based information management system designed to collect and manage faculty research, teaching, and service activities, including accomplishments and professional activities.
- Digital Measures User Guide
- Digital Measures Presentation by Dr. Hungwei Tseng
- Contact Dr. Hungwei Tseng, Senior Instructional Designer, for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microsoft Teams is the web-conferencing tool supported at Jacksonville State University.
- The Technology Support Center provides technical assistance with Teams such as account creation and administration. Online@JSU supports instructors in learning how to use Teams and how to leverage Teams in online teaching and learning.
DesignPlus for Canvas (CIDI Plus Design Tools)
- Enhances course design within Canvas by creating templates for pages, assignments, and discussions.
- Getting Started with CIDI Plus Design Tools (Part 1 -video)
- CIDI Plus Design Tools Advanced (Part 2 - video)
Online@JSU has several spaces available to faculty. Each space is organized and dedicated to meet the diverse and varying needs of our exceptional faculty at Jacksonville State University. From areas to work in a relaxed informal environment to a more formal vodcast studio, one of these spaces is sure to address your needs.
Check out the options available to you.
Professional Development Suite A
Located in Self Hall 207, Professional Development Suite A provides two distinct areas for you to check out.
Area 1: Informal Work Area with tables, chairs, a couch, and some club chairs. Instructional designers are located nearby and can assist you as needed.
You can stop by any time and use Area 1. Because social distancing and safety protocols are currently in place, however, please contact Online@JSU ahead of time at email@example.com so that we can prepare the space.
Area 2: Stadium, booth seating with access to a portable television, computer, and internet access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve this space.
Professional Development Suite B
Located in Self Hall 208, Professional Development Suite B is an excellent collaborative space. Chairs and tables are easily configured to special needs. Individual white-boards, computer, projector, and sound supply support your activities. This room is scheduled for faculty use only for workshops, meetings, retreats, and other events. Please contact email@example.com to schedule room 208.
Located in 221 Self Hall, the Vodcasting Studio provides faculty and staff the ability to record professional-level podcasts, vodcasts, and screen capture. The Vodcasting Studio is equipped with industry-standard microphones, webcams, and many types of production software offering versatility to meet various needs. Faculty and staff may reserve the Vodcasting Studio to record on their own, or, if needed, an Online@JSU staff member can assist with the production. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the Vodcasting Studio.
Choose from the following, then choose your role where applicable:
- General Technical Requirements and Recommendations
- Comprehensive Tutorials for Students
- Comprehensive Tutorials for Faculty
- 24/7 help resources directly from Canvas available inside the Canvas LMS in the global navigation Help menu (live chat, web form, self-help guides, and phone)
- Minimum Technical Requirements
- Mobile App (student)
- Mobile App (instructor)
- Canvas Tutorials for Instructors
- Canvas Tutorials for Students
- Canvas for Students Demo Course
- Other Canvas Related Tools
- Local Support (during normal business hours): Contact email@example.com
- Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Microsoft Teams
- Online@JSU Office - Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - (256) 782-8172
- General JSU Technical Support - Email, MyJaxState, campus network, etc.
- Web site - Technology Support Center
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 256-782-8324