Andrea Rains, Ed.S.
Undergraduate HPE Program Coordinator
Kinesiology Coordinator for the Center of Best Practice in Teaching and Learning
203 Kennamer Hall
Andrea is an Instructor in the Kinesiology Department at Jacksonville State University. Her primary areas of responsibility include Health and Physical Education teacher education, Concepts of Wellness, and curriculum development. She is the Internship and edTPA support coordinator for the HPE program, co-coordinator for the Center for Best Practices in Teaching and Learning within the College of Health Professions and Wellness, as well as the program coordinator for Alabama Continuous Improvement in Educator Preparation.
Andrea joined JSU's full-time faculty in 2011. She serves as the faculty adviser for Alpha Omicron Pi, an academic advisor for HPE students, and a charter member of the CAEP accreditation steering committee for the School of Education. Her professional experience includes teaching P-12 Physical Education, 9-12 Health Education, coaching basketball and softball.
Andrea's professional interests include educational technology, leadership, professional effectiveness, and innovation.
- HPE 356 Introductory Methods of Secondary HPE
- HPE 357 21st Century Technology in HPE
- HPE 410 Methods of Teaching PE, 6-12
- HPE 411 Practicum in Physical Education, P-12
- HPE 370 School Health Programs
- HPE 416 Methods of Teaching Health Education
- HPE 417 Practicum in Health Education
- HPE 482 Seminar in HPE
- ED 496 Reflective Practices in Education
- Jacksonville State University, Bachelor's of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness, Athletic Training Concentration, 2002
- Jacksonville State University, Master of Science in Physical Education, 2004
- Jacksonville State University, Educational Specialist, Teacher Leader, 2021