International Graduate Student
International Students who have completed their Bachelor's (Undergraduate) degree program from a regionally accredited (recognized) institution may apply to a graduate program. International Students with a Bachelor's and Master’s degree may also apply to our graduate program as long as they meet the admissions requirements for the program.
Students are recommended to check Graduate catalog for the most updated program specific admissions requirements.
General Admissions Requirement
- Application form and application fee of $35.00.
- Official transcripts, degree certificate and/or completion certificate for Bachelor's degree program. Minimum GPA varies depending on the program and test score.
- Detailed course description and/or syllabus for each courses/subjects completed in Bachelor's degree program when requested by the concerned graduate department.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of financial document (financial statement and letter) stating a balance of at least $30,500.
- GRE/GMAT/MAT as required by the program.
- If you are a transfer from another U.S. institution, contact your International Student Advisor and submit a Transfer Clearance form.
- Proof of English Proficiency score.
- Complete Application form
- Pay application fee of $35.00 online.
- *Submit official copy of college transcript and diploma/degree certificate in issuing institution’s sealed envelope.
- Submit a copy of passport.
- Submit a copy of financial document (financial statement and letter).
- Submit a proof of English Proficiency score.
- Submit GRE/GMAT/MAT score as required by the program.
- Submit resume, reference letters and statement of purpose/writing sample as required by the program.
- Submit transfer clearance form if you are transferring from another U.S. institution.
JSU reserves the right to request all official documents at any point in the admissions process.
International students must meet the graduate admissions requirements for transients as listed in the Graduate Catalog. Additionally, International transient students must submit
- a copy of their passport
- their visa page
- a letter issued by the Designated School Official (DSO) at their current institution verifying their immigration status and stating that the immigration record is to be maintained by that institution.